InstallAnywhere provides an executable(Build.exe) which runs the installer build process from the command-line.
I was able to use this file without any problems until i tried to update the JRE
provided with the InstallAnywhere application. That's what i did:
- I used Build.exe to build my installer
- I noticed I had some annoying java related warnings during the process(console output)
- After a little research I came across a solution that offered to update the included JRE (Ver. 1.7) in the InstallAnywhere root folder.
- I replaced the JRE with a more recent version (1.8)
Since then I get the following error only when Build.exe is used. The InstallAnywhere GUI works just fine.
This is an incomplete installation of InstallAnywhere 2014 SP1 Evaluation.
Because of this error I can't use Build.exe anymore even though
I'm using a licensed version of InstallAnywhere 2014 Premier.
This error message won't go away no matter what I do, I tried to:
- restore the original JRE
- Reinstall InstallAnywhere
- Supplying the license again (License server)
What's causing this error? How can i fix it?